Saturday, July 25, 2009

Flikr in the a classroom unit

I currently have a chapter project that my class does dealing with Newton’s 3rd Law of Motion (action - reaction). The project is to make a Newton Scooter using Newton’s 3rd Law as it’s method of propulsion. This project is quite involved and takes several weeks to complete. The issue I have with this project is that I am sometimes not sure how the scooters get from the sketch on paper to the final product. Are the students doing them on their own or are they being built by someone else, possibly a parent.

If I had them take pictures of their scooters periodically as they were being built and had them post them on Flickr it might help to ensure that the students were actually involved in the building process. This would also be a record of their work that I could access to see how the projects are progressing.

1 comment:

  1. yes - I can sere flickr as a powerful classroom sharing tool. I know MCS has cameras to check out, from the library or Shelly.

    ReplyDelete